Leatherman Style CS Review
9/10 Based on Ken's Review
Purchase From REI For $20
This is Anna's review of the Leatherman Style CS:I first decided I wanted my own multi tool the summer of 2012 after I was tired of asking Kenny to use his. We went to REI and after an hour of talking with the nice gentlemen at the store, I decided on the Leatherman Style CS. I chose the CS because of its small size. I didn't want something bulky. This multi tool has scissors, a knife, a nail file, and one of a women’s best friends, tweezers! (That’s partly what sold me on it).
I have used this tool in various situations including work, scrapbooking, in the car, and especially outdoors for hiking and camping. The tool is very useful for cutting, and the tweezers are great for getting out splinters.
- Scissors are comparable to the scissors on much larger multi tools. The scissors on this Leatherman are the main hinge of the knife, not another tool you pull out from the side of the knife. This means they could put more stock into the scissors, and they certainly have. These scissors are better than the scissors on my Leatherman Blast and pretty much every other larger Leatherman.
- Clips onto keys or anything else. The built-in carabiner is great for clipping the CS on a bag, a belt loop or a keychain.
- Lightweight but strong. I was worried about Anna getting a knife so small, thinking that it would break easily. I was wrong. It's handled some pretty rough task and still looks new. Definitely a Leatherman.
- Sleek design (Which also comes in pink for breast cancer awareness).
- The knife takes some effort to open and does not have a locking mechanism. The knife of the Leatherman Style CS can be difficult to open because of its small size. Anna doesn't seem to have much of a problem opening the knife but my fingers are larger and more cumbersome I suppose. It would also be nice of the knife locked into place for safety while open. This however isn't common on small knives.
Ken wrote:I took off 1 point because the knife doesn't have a locking mechanism. Otherwise this multi tool would have gotten a 10 out of 10.
Leave a comment about the Leatherman Style CS Multi Tool: